My story of studying in china
My name is Asad Malik and I am an Indian citizen. I belong to a middle-class family. I was keenly interested in pursuing higher education specially from foreign a university. I am really thankful to the Chinese government who gave an opportunity me Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) for PhD program. One of the reasons to select China was its popularity among new students for higher education, with the number of international students in China doubling in past ten year. I believe that China is a land of opportunity and I thought studying abroad would give me the chance to learn more about different culture and tradition. Since my childhood I have been taking much interest in tradition and civilizations as we know Ancient Chinese Culture is older than 5000 years so this was another reason for attraction. After getting admission in Chinese prestigious southwest Jiaotong university, my dream of studying abroad and learn civilization and culture in China became a reality. Many people believe that studying abroad is an expensive venture, but there are actually numerous scholarships available to students. I have got a big chance to explore myself in each and every aspect as well as get challenges too.
At first, I was nervous to embark on this journey, but I realized that I couldn’t just live my whole Life within my comfort zone. My first day in china was little challenging to adopt the culture and little anxious about new culture and language. Our international office offers volunteers to complete the necessary procedures and explaining other things like food, canteen, hospital, police and how to select the courses etc. After few months, I learned so much about the china and Chinese culture and few Chinese daily conversation sentences.
Day by day I used to be aware about all the places nearby my university and feeling very comfortable to go to talk and do dally basis work normally. In my first year our university offers all the foreign students for trip to dujiangyan irrigation system which was built over 200 years ago and is the only surviving no-daman irrigation system today and come to get amazed by the intelligence of human beings. The dam was built by Li Bing (250-200BC) the system is large hydraulic water project which consist of three main parts the fish mouth water, dividing dam, the flying sand fence bottle neck channel. The fish mouth function to divide the flow of water into two an inner river and outer river. This was very great time for me to meet students, with different nationality, at the same time we became friends from different country. After visiting dujiangyan irrigation system our group went see some nearby temples. Our international officers there were helping to understand the history behind the dujiangyan irrigation system and temple.
After that I have visited many other places around the chengdu. Chengdu Panda Base was one of the memorable places, which not only takes care of breeding pandas, but also focuses on providing interactive activities that teach people about pandas and their protection. Besides cute giant pandas, there were also red pandas, black swans, and peacocks at the base. It’s a research center, so, unlike a zoo, it does not focus on displaying the animals. Sometimes the giant pandas are all sleeping indoors, so we could not see any of them eating, playing, or climbing outside.
In the Second year, I got an opportunity to visit another campus of my university namely Emei campus. It’s about 90 miles to the southwest of the city snuggled at the foot of the Mount Emei, one of China’s four sacred Buddhist mountains place. Our group went by high speed train and visited nearby place and enjoyed food over there. This was another chance to know about high speed train and get real experience about it.
Food corner
Apart from being the home of world’s cutest animal Panda Chengdu is also famous for its food. Sichuan food is also considered as the spiciest food in China. As hot pot is beloved food of all Chinese so among Chengdu people also. I have also enjoyed Chengdu hotpot many times. The hot pot is cooked on the table in front of you which is more interesting while eating hot-pot. Some other Sichuan food is also very delicious like peanut chicken which was discovered by Sichuan people. Chen Mapo Tofu is a popular Sichuanese dish, a combination of tofu set in a spicy chilly and bean-based sauce. This dish is so popular due to a fact that the tofu was cooked by a chef with pockmarks on her face, known as “mapo” in Sichuan dialect. I have also tasted the dandan noodles, which consists of a spicy sauce, pork, Sichuan pepper and scallions served over noodles. Apart from Sichuanese dishes I have also tried other famous Chinese dishes like grilled fish, dumplings, lamb stick and Beijing duck. I have also enjoyed Chinese street food which is also very tasty, especially in winters you can find on streets.
Job prospectus
Last year our university has organized a trip to Chengdu software park, which is situated at hi tech zone in Chengdu. After that I have realized that there are a lot of opportunities for foreign graduates. They can get the job according to their major in each and every sector. Mostly companies have the collaborative projects with other countries so they are also offering to work in either in China or in their home countries. I have also realized opportunity for entrepreneurship as they are ready to invest for your good ideas.
As far as my three years’ experience in Chengdu says it is a very nice place to stay and live a happy life. As it is also attraction for other foreigners so I also enjoyed friendship and cultural experience with other foreign countries.
My name is Asad Malik and I am an Indian citizen. I belong to a middle-class family. I was keenly interested in pursuing higher education specially from foreign a university. I am really thankful to the Chinese government who gave an opportunity me Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) for PhD program. One of the reasons to select China was its popularity among new students for higher education, with the number of international students in China doubling in past ten year. I believe that China is a land of opportunity and I thought studying abroad would give me the chance to learn more about different culture and tradition. Since my childhood I have been taking much interest in tradition and civilizations as we know Ancient Chinese Culture is older than 5000 years so this was another reason for attraction. After getting admission in Chinese prestigious southwest Jiaotong university, my dream of studying abroad and learn civilization and culture in China became a reality. Many people believe that studying abroad is an expensive venture, but there are actually numerous scholarships available to students. I have got a big chance to explore myself in each and every aspect as well as get challenges too.
At first, I was nervous to embark on this journey, but I realized that I couldn’t just live my whole Life within my comfort zone. My first day in china was little challenging to adopt the culture and little anxious about new culture and language. Our international office offers volunteers to complete the necessary procedures and explaining other things like food, canteen, hospital, police and how to select the courses etc. After few months, I learned so much about the china and Chinese culture and few Chinese daily conversation sentences.
Day by day I used to be aware about all the places nearby my university and feeling very comfortable to go to talk and do dally basis work normally. In my first year our university offers all the foreign students for trip to dujiangyan irrigation system which was built over 200 years ago and is the only surviving no-daman irrigation system today and come to get amazed by the intelligence of human beings. The dam was built by Li Bing (250-200BC) the system is large hydraulic water project which consist of three main parts the fish mouth water, dividing dam, the flying sand fence bottle neck channel. The fish mouth function to divide the flow of water into two an inner river and outer river. This was very great time for me to meet students, with different nationality, at the same time we became friends from different country. After visiting dujiangyan irrigation system our group went see some nearby temples. Our international officers there were helping to understand the history behind the dujiangyan irrigation system and temple.
After that I have visited many other places around the chengdu. Chengdu Panda Base was one of the memorable places, which not only takes care of breeding pandas, but also focuses on providing interactive activities that teach people about pandas and their protection. Besides cute giant pandas, there were also red pandas, black swans, and peacocks at the base. It’s a research center, so, unlike a zoo, it does not focus on displaying the animals. Sometimes the giant pandas are all sleeping indoors, so we could not see any of them eating, playing, or climbing outside.
In the Second year, I got an opportunity to visit another campus of my university namely Emei campus. It’s about 90 miles to the southwest of the city snuggled at the foot of the Mount Emei, one of China’s four sacred Buddhist mountains place. Our group went by high speed train and visited nearby place and enjoyed food over there. This was another chance to know about high speed train and get real experience about it.
Food corner
Apart from being the home of world’s cutest animal Panda Chengdu is also famous for its food. Sichuan food is also considered as the spiciest food in China. As hot pot is beloved food of all Chinese so among Chengdu people also. I have also enjoyed Chengdu hotpot many times. The hot pot is cooked on the table in front of you which is more interesting while eating hot-pot. Some other Sichuan food is also very delicious like peanut chicken which was discovered by Sichuan people. Chen Mapo Tofu is a popular Sichuanese dish, a combination of tofu set in a spicy chilly and bean-based sauce. This dish is so popular due to a fact that the tofu was cooked by a chef with pockmarks on her face, known as “mapo” in Sichuan dialect. I have also tasted the dandan noodles, which consists of a spicy sauce, pork, Sichuan pepper and scallions served over noodles. Apart from Sichuanese dishes I have also tried other famous Chinese dishes like grilled fish, dumplings, lamb stick and Beijing duck. I have also enjoyed Chinese street food which is also very tasty, especially in winters you can find on streets.
Job prospectus
Last year our university has organized a trip to Chengdu software park, which is situated at hi tech zone in Chengdu. After that I have realized that there are a lot of opportunities for foreign graduates. They can get the job according to their major in each and every sector. Mostly companies have the collaborative projects with other countries so they are also offering to work in either in China or in their home countries. I have also realized opportunity for entrepreneurship as they are ready to invest for your good ideas.
As far as my three years’ experience in Chengdu says it is a very nice place to stay and live a happy life. As it is also attraction for other foreigners so I also enjoyed friendship and cultural experience with other foreign countries.
No comments:
Post a Comment